We are excited to introduce a new way for patients to see Dr. Rumohr: through telemedicine appointments!
WHAT IS TELEMEDICINE?
Telemedicine is the fusion between technology and modern medicine— an evolution in healthcare that has emerged in response to our digitally connected culture, where people want instant access, faster answers, and more personalized patient care. An e-visit, or telemedicine appointment, offers patients a way to see and talk to their doctor instantly through a secure video call on their phone, tablet or computer. These real-time face-to-face interactions provide a quick and convenient way for patients to connect with their doctors, ask questions, refill prescriptions, and receive quality healthcare from the comfort of their own home.
BENEFITS OF TELEMEDICINE APPOINTMENTS
- Save time. Consider the time that you have to spend driving to the doctor’s office, sitting in traffic, waiting in the waiting room and driving home. For patients who live in remote rural areas, commuting to the doctor’s office can be a burden. If you are a busy professional who can’t take off work, or a parent who is juggling multiple kids’ schedules, reserving 2 hours of the day to the doctor can also be difficult. A telemedicine appointment eliminates both the commute and the wait time, saving time in your day.
- Convenience. One of the greatest benefits of this form of healthcare is that no matter where you are, you can talk directly to your doctor. Whether you’re at home in bed or out of town, all you need is your smartphone or tablet to log into your appointment and receive an instant consultation. For patients who are recovering from surgery and may not be able to drive yet, this is an excellent solution for quick post-operative follow-ups.
- Get seen faster. Sometimes, it can take weeks to be seen by a specialist, because they are in such high demand. We are currently scheduling e-visits in between all of our other appointments, so it may help you get on the schedule faster. You can typically be seen either the same day or within a couple days, so you can talk to the doctor within days instead of weeks.
WHEN TO SCHEDULE A TELEMEDICINE APPOINTMENT
Although an e-visit is not suitable for every doctor’s appointment, and cannot replace physical exams, it’s a great way to supplement in-person appointments. In many cases, the doctor can quickly assess your situation and answer questions about your symptoms, follow-up concerns and prescriptions, and put a plan in place for the next level of care. After your initial consultation in the office, here are a few situations in which you could schedule a telemedicine appointment:
- Post operative follow-ups
- Routine follow-ups
- To review lab results or imaging.
- General health questions related to urology.
HOW DO I LOG INTO MY APPOINTMENT?
The steps are simple.
- Follow the link in your email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Open the link in Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Set up your Chiron Health account. Enter your basic information to proceed through the registration steps. If you would like to use insurance for your visit, be sure to enter your insurance information when prompted.
- Download the Chiron Health app on your device.
- Fifteen minutes before your appointment time, click on the green button that says “Start Appointment.” You will enter a virtual waiting room, where you will wait until your doctor is ready to connect. If you don’t see the green button, refresh the app and it should appear.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com, call Chiron Health at 1 (800) 768-8131, or call our office at: (928) 773-2222.